Sunday, May 26, 2013

A to Z Song Challenge: V is for Voyage to Atlantis


Anyone who knows me would know beyond a shadow of a doubt this song.  Not only is it my favorite "V" song, it's my FAVORITE song of all time.  My cousin even used it as my own special ring tone. 

I remember when I was a child and I heard this song for the first time.  There was something about it that made me sit up and listen.  It was love at fist listen.  But what I found that warm, summer day wasn't just the song, but the band.  The Isley Brothers is my all-time FAVORITE band.  I saw them in concert so many years ago, but it only cemented my love.  And when Ron Isley started this song... my friend could've knocked me over with a feather.  Love.  It.

So...............





is for Voyage to Atlantis by The Isley Brothers







 

4 comments:

  1. This is a great way to start my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good song, Leslie. And I'm ashamed to say I never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could share something you've never heard before.

      Delete